3 Simple Ham Glaze Recipes
These 3 Ham Glaze recipes are so simple and delicious you'll be coming back for seconds!
With only a couple ingredients, they can easily be made in advance and best enjoyed with our selection of local hams.
Stéphane’s Honey Apricot Glaze
This is Market Fresh's head butcher’s famous glaze recipe. He uses equal parts of all 3 ingredients which makes it easy to scale depending on the size of your ham.
¼ cup U of G honey
¼ cup Wellesley apple cider
¼ cup Greaves pure apricot jam
1. Stir honey, apple cider and apricot jam together, then brush the mixture all over the ham.
* Use the apple cider as the liquid in the bottom of the roasting pan.
Easy Maple Mustard Glaze
¼ cup Kozlik's old fashioned grainy dijon mustard from Toronto
2 tablespoons Northwood pure maple syrup from Elmira
1. Stir mustard and maple syrup together, then brush the mixture all over the ham.
1 cup of Black River pineapple juice
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
1. In a saucepan stir together pineapple juice, brown sugar and ginger.
2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cooking until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer on low for about 20 minutes or until the glaze is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Allow to cool.
* Use equal parts pineapple juice and water in the bottom of the roasting pan.