Country Flavour's Red Pepper Jelly Pork Loin Roast
- Fresh cut pork loin roast from the MF Butcher Shop (2 pounds)
- Country Flavour's Red Pepper Jelly (Spicy, if preferred)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup of finely diced red and/or green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons finely diced carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of ground cumin
- 2/3 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Prepare glaze: Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion and carrot. Cook stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add salt and cumin; cook for 1 minute. Add broth, red pepper jelly and vinegar. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Return mixture to a boil and add cornstarch mixture; cook, whisking, until thickened, about 1 minute. Cover and remove from heat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a large skillet over medium-hugh heat. Add the pork and cook, flipping occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes total - season if desired. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the glaze over the pork and continue roasting, spooning 2 tablespoons over the pork every 10 minutes, until an insta-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 145F, 25 to 35 minutes more. Transfer the pork to a clean cutting board. Tent with foil and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice the pork and serve with the remaining glaze.