Country Flavour's Red Pepper Jelly Pork Loin Roast
Serve up this delicious pork loin roast for dinner tonight with Country Flavour's famous red pepper jelly. Learn more about our Local Hero, Country Flavour from Ariss, Ontario here.
Fresh cut, local pork loin roast from the MF Butcher Shop (2 pounds)
Country Flavour's Red Pepper Jelly (Spicy, if preferred)
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/3 cup of finely diced red and/or green bell pepper
1/2 cup of finely diced onion
2 tablespoons finely diced carrot
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch of ground cumin
2/3 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons of unseasoned rice vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons of cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Prepare glaze: Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion and carrot. Cook stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add salt and cumin; cook for 1 minute. Add broth, red pepper jelly and vinegar. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Return mixture to a boil and add cornstarch mixture; cook, whisking, until thickened, about 1 minute. Cover and remove from heat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a large skillet over medium-hugh heat. Add the pork and cook, flipping occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes total - season if desired. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the glaze over the pork and continue roasting, spooning 2 tablespoons over the pork every 10 minutes, until an insta-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 145F, 25 to 35 minutes more. Transfer the pork to a clean cutting board. Tent with foil and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice the pork and serve with the remaining glaze.