Humble Crumble Crusted Haddock
We've created a fun recipe that is a spin on Fish and Chips with Humble's very own Sea Salt and Cider Vinegar Chips! Learn all about our Local Hero, Humble Potato Chips from Cambridge, Ontario here.
This recipe is gluten and dairy free.
4 5oz haddock fillets
3 cups Humble Sea Salt and Cider Vinegar Potato Chips
½ cup Rice Flour
0.5 tsp Salt
0.5 tsp pepper
2 medium eggs
1 tbsp water
1. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and water until the yolk, water and egg whites are mixed together and set aside.
2. Make the Humble Crumble! Add the Humble Potato Chips in a food processor and pulse until it is a nice coarse crumble. Think about the texture of a rice krispie, you don’t want to get it too fine or it potentially could get soggy. If you don’t have a food processor you can use a blender, or even a knife and give it a rough chop. Once done set aside.
3. Mix the salt, pepper and flour together in a separate bowl.
4. Take the haddock fillets and dab them dry with some paper towel.
5. Set your breading station up as follows with 4 different bowls, fish, flour, egg mixture and finally the “humble crumble.”
6. Dab your haddock in the flour giving it a nice even coat, then in the egg and let excess egg go back in the bowl. Last step is to add your fish to the Humble Crumble nice and evenly and then place it on a plate and repeat until all the fillets are done.
7. Put a frying pan on the stove at a medium heat, add about 2 tsp of oil and let oil heat up. Once the pan is hot cook your fish on both sides until golden brown and the internal temperature of 145 F has been reached (68C).
8. Serve with crispy french fries made from local Ontario potatoes and enjoy!